'Christmas 2018' - cards

#kaisercraft #challenge #christmas

Hey everyone! So here's a set of four cards I made that was inspired by this month's Kaisercraft blog challenge. I decided to create four cards each with a different line AND using different Christmas collections!


It was definitely a challenge! The main reason I decided to do this was I needed to use up my older Christmas collections to make way for the new ones! :)


For each of these cards, I used a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inch white note card and used a 5 x 5 inch piece of patterned paper as the background. I also used two square stitched dies to create a stitched square frame, and a smaller stitched square die to cut out a small stitched square.

At this stage, you should have four cards with patterned paper backgrounds. You should also have four stitched frames and four small stitched squares :)


***

Card 1 - 'Silent Night' collection

For this card I selected, 'ornaments', 'christmas quote', 'gold foil' and 'fussy cut'.


First I adhered some gold foil onto some cardstock using some double-sided sticky sheets to essentially create some gold foil cardstock. I used a Christmas ornament die and die-cut two ornaments, one in gold foil and the other using red patterned paper.  I used a mix of both die-cuts to create an ornament that was red with gold foil detailing. Next, I added some foam tape to a stitched frame and added it to the card and then added the small stitched square to the card using some foam tape as well. I chose a Christmas quote from the 6 x 6 inch patterned paper pack and added it to the small stitched square using some doubled sided tape.


I added the ornament to the card using some foam tape and then added a bow using some twine and PVA glue. Finally, I fussy cut some holly twigs and added them to the card using some double-sided tape.

Materials used: Cardstock - white (KC) | 'Silent Night' collection (KC) - 6 x 6 inch paper pad | Dies - bauble (KC), stitched square (KC) | Foam tape | Double-sided tape | Twine

***

Card 2 - 'Frosted' collection

For this card, I selected 'embossing', 'snowflake', 'ornaments' and 'inking'.


I first used some stamped some snowflakes using some versamark ink, added some white embossing powder and heat set it. Then I die-cut some snowflakes and made small circles using a punch holer. Next, I added some clear plastic to the stitched frame using some double sided tape, this is the shaker window. Leaving the die-cut snowflakes and circle on the card I adhered the shaker window on top.


I added the small stitched square to the card using some foam tape. I chose a Christmas sentiment from the 6 x 6 inch patterned paper pack and added it to the small stitched square using some doubled sided tape. I added some pictures from the paper pack using some double-sided tape. Finally, I did some inking to the corners of the card by flicking some kaiser mists with a paintbrush. Note that the ornaments are included on the patterned paper background.


Materials used: Cardstock - white (KC) | 'Frosted' collection (KC) - 6 x 6 inch paper pad, clear stamp | Dies - snowflake (KC), stitched square (KC) | Embossing powder - white (HA) | Foam tape | Double-sided tape | Twine

***

Card 3 - 'Christmas Wishes' collection

For this card I selected, 'poinsettia', 'rhinestones', 'fussy cut' and 'christmas tree'.


First, I added some foam tape to a stitched frame and added it to the card and then added the small stitched square to the card using some foam tape as well. Next, I fussy cut some poinsettias and adhered them to the card using some double-sided tape. Then I added some rhinestones to the centre of the poinsettias.


Next, I stamped a Christmas tree to some white cardstock using blue and pink pigment inks. I added some details using a pink gel pen. I cut out this Christmas tree and added it to the small stitched square. To finish, I added a small sentiment to the middle of the stitched frame.

Materials used: Cardstock - white (KC) | Dies - stitched square (KC) | Christmas Wishes collection (KC) - 6 x 6 inch paper pad, clear stamp | Rhinestones (KC) - | Pigment ink - lagoon (KC), pink (KC) | Foam tape | Double-sided tape | Twine


***

Card 4 - 'Wonderland' collection

For this card I selected, 'inking', 'glitter', 'star' and 'christmas tree'.


I added some clear plastic to the stitched frame using some double sided tape, this is the shaker window. Then a used some trees from the collectables and added some to the card. Then I poured some glitter on the card and adhered the shaker window over it. I added a small stitched square using some foam tape and adhered a sentiment to it.



Next, I added a Christmas tree on top of the shaker window and then added a star to the top of it. To finish I did some inking to the corners of the card using some Kaisermists.

Materials used: Cardstock - white (KC) | Dies - stitched square (KC) | Kaisermists - denim, yellow | Wonderland collection (KC) - 12 x 12 patterned paper {stars}, collectables | Glitter - silver (AC) | Foam tape | Double-sided tape | Twine

***

To finish each card I added twine around the stitched frame and to the edge of the patterned paper background using some PVA glue. 

I hope this project inspires you to create a bunch of Christmas cards, or just put your old Christmas collections to some use! :)


Happy papercrafting!
Shanika :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card