'A galactic thank you' - card

#galaxy #mists #space

Hi everyone! So the last month has been a very stressful and intense time (probably the most stressful in my uni life so far), but I have finally submitted my honours thesis! Yay! So I can get back to papercrafting guilt free! So I'm making some thank you cards for some of the people that got me through this stressful year, and given that they do astrophysics I thought I'd make them 'galaxy' themed! :)


I used a 12 x 12 piece of white cardstock and sprayed it with different coloured iridescent mists (blue, teal, pink and purple) and let this dry for about 15 minutes. Then I mixed some white paint and white iridescent mist and flicked dots of this mixture onto the same piece of cardstock to look like stars! I let this cardstock sit for a few hours to make sure the white dots were dry.


The next step was to prepare all the pieces needed for the card. I used black 4 1/8 x 6 inch notecards for the base of the cards. Next, I die-cut some stitched circles from white cardstock and stamped thank you sentiments using black ink to the centre of the circles. Then I cut up my 'galaxy' patterned cardstock piece down to 4 x 5 7/8 inch panels.


Next, I adhered the panels to the notecards using double-sided tape. Then I adhered the stitched circles to the centre of the cards using foam tape. To finish, I added some white pearls to add a bit more dimension and interest to the card.


Materials used: Cardstock - 12 x 12 white, black (KC) | Iridescent mists - turquoise, lavender, candy, denim (KC) | Clear stamp - background friend sentiments (KC) | Pearls - white (KC) | Versafine black pigment ink | Double-sided tape | Foam tape
KC - Kaisercraft


I think this cards turned out pretty well; I hope the recipients like them! I have to say though, this so-called 'galaxy' theme we see everywhere really doesn't resemble actual galaxies in the universe... but...  this theme is pretty, so good enough for me :)

Happy papercrafting!
Shanika :)



Comments

  1. wow just love this card I will have to try something similar I have the KC mists too and just starting to learn to use them, thank you. Megan DT Happy Craft Challenge, anything goes https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! It's so hard to find astrophysics cards! My son finished his honours in Astrophysics a couple of years ago, and I wanted to make him a unique card, but couldn't find anything that was a bit different. Also, congrats on finishing such a difficult degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much, and congrats to your son! Apologies for the delayed response, I've only just gotten back to blogging my craft projects.

      I agree, there are a lack of astrophysics cards, but I'm hoping to change that! Here's a card I made last year that can be astrophysics related https://scrapwithstardust.blogspot.com/2018/03/reach-for-stars-popup-box-card.html I actually made this card for my honours supervisors, but instead of the moon and stars I had astrophysics objects related to their research and changed the message to 'thank you'.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card