'Flowers for mum' - card

#mother's day #flowers #rose gold

Mother's Day is almost here, so I thought I'd share a card that is similar to the one I'm going to give to my mum, hopefully she doesn't read this post before then...


I saw this gorgeous 12 x 12 paper with rose gold flower details in Kaisercraft the other day and I just needed to use it on this card! I used 5 x 5 inch piece for the background and fussy cut a few details for the centre of the card (I used a white 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inch note card for the card base). I wanted to keep it simple and elegant by limiting the colours I used - rose gold, lilac and white.

I die-cut two stitched squares (one a little larger than the other), and then I die-cut a heart from the smaller square. I wanted the heart to be subtle compared to the other pieces in the centre, so I kept the squares white-on-white. I adhered the smaller square to the centre of the larger square using some foam tape to add some dimension. Along with the fussy cut rose gold details I added some paper blooms and pearls to the centre of the heart.


I stamped the sentiment onto some white cardstock using a pigment ink that was similar in colour to the pearls and paper blooms. Then I adhered the sentiment to the card using foam tape so it would stand out a little more.

Materials used: Paper blooms - misty (KC) | 12x12 Cardstock - white 'rose bouquet' (KC) | Pearls - lilac | Clear stamp - occasions (KC) | Dies - heart (KC), stitched squares | Pigment ink - orchid (KC)


Just because mother's day happens once a year doesn't mean we should limit our appreciation for our mum's to a single day. Always let her know that you appreciate and love her. Of course getting her presents and giving her a handmade card doesn't hurt!

Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card