'Cogs & Gears - Father's day 2018' - card

#father's day #cogs #gears

Hey papercrafters! I thought I share the card I made for my dad this father's day! I used the 'Factory 42' collection from Kaisercraft to create this card. It's quite simple to make, but I think it looks pretty cool!


To make this card I used a 6 x 4 1/4 inch kraft notecard as the card base. I cut a rectangle that was 5 1/2 x 4 inches from some patterned paper and cut it horizontally into three segments so that I would get stripes that were 2 1/4, 3/4 and 2 1/2 inches wide and 4 inches long.

I adhered the 2 1/4 strip to the top of the card and the 2 1/2 strip to the bottom of the card, leaving a 1/8 inch gap from the edges of the card. After doing this you should have a blank space in the middle of the card with just the notecard visible. This gap is to be filled with some die-cuts.


I first stamped some pictures of cogs and gears using some black ink onto some kraft cardstock, then I cut these images out using the coordinating dies. After that, I arranged the cogs/gears such that they filled the blank space of the card and adhered some of the cogs/gears using double sided tape, and some using foam tape to add some dimension to the card.

Finally, I stamped a 'Happy Father's Day' sentiment to the smaller strip using some black ink and adhered it to the middle of the card, over the cog/gears, using some foam tape.

Materials used: Cardstock - kraft | Factory 42 collection (KC) - 12x12 patterned paper {plans} | Stamps & Dies - cogs/gears (KC) | Versafine ink - black | Foam tape | Double sided tape



I gave this card to my dad this morning, and it seems that he liked the card. So I think it is a job well done! Hope this card inspires you to create! Happy Father's Day to all the awesome dads out there!

Happy crafting!
Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card