'My sun, moon & stars' - card

#stargazer #stars #astronomy

Hey everyone, so here is a paper collection that I am absolutely in love with... 'Stargazer'. This collection by Kaisercraft is definitely my favourite of all time... and you can probably guess why... I love blue, and I am currently studying astrophysics. It's just so perfect!

Anyway, about the card... this is one you can make for someone special in your life. I think it's quite elegant and minimalistic, and it's very simple to make!


To make the card base I used a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inch cream coloured notecard. Then I cut a 5 x 5 inch square from some navy cardstock. I adhered this to the front of the card using some double-sided tape with a small gap from each edge of the notecard base. This leaves a thin cream coloured border around the navy piece.

Then I used a piece of acetate with some gorgeous astronomy themed designs and cut out a square that was 5 x 5 inches. Next, a cut out a square shaped sentiment for one of the 12 x 12 inch patterned papers from the 'Stargazer' collection. Using some foam tape I adhered this sentiment to the middle of the piece of acetate.


Flipping over the piece of acetate with the sentiment, I adhered some double-sided tape to the acetate, only in the middle, this is to make sure that any tape would be hidden behind the sentiment. Peeling the release paper, I adhered the piece of acetate on top of the navy piece of cardstock. To finish I randomly placed some ivory pearls to sort of represent stars.

Materials used: Cardstock 12x12 - navy, cream | Stargazer collection (KC) - patterned paper 12 x 12 {Astronomy}, printed acetate {galactic} |  Pearls - ivory (KC) | Double sided tape | Foam tape

I think this perfect to give your significant other. Particularly perfect for someone who loves astronomy or just stargazing. This is one of my favourite cards, probably because it is blue and is astronomy themed... (I am not biased at all...) and I hope this card inspires you to create!

Happy papercrafting!
Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card