'Noel, Noel' - cards

#christmas #firstnoel #peace

Ever needed to make a bunch of Christmas cards in a short amount of time? Well here's a bunch of cards I made in under an hour***. I'm trying to create cards that produce minimal scraps, and the design of these cards maximises the use of the patterned paper!

***In order for this card making process to be quick, you will need a paper cutter/trimmer and some pre-made notecards for the card bases, the notecards I used were 4 1/4 x 6 1/8 inches from Kaisercraft :)


The 'First Noel' collection by Kaisercraft is just gorgeous, I was immediately drawn to the papers with the stunning gold foil, just look at them! Sooooo pretty!


However, I thought I would challenge myself to use the papers that I typically don't reach for first. They don't stand out as much but have some adorable patterns.


I used the four patterned designs shown above (from the 6.5 inch paper pad) and cut them up in the following way. To do this you will need to draw two lines diagonally from corner to corner, then you will need to mark a line at 4 inches on each edge of the paper, then you need to draw a line to connect the lines on the opposite edges of the paper. Then use a paper cutter to cut along the lines you have just drawn.


After cutting the page you should have eight pieces of paper of two different sized triangles. I cut all four papers the same way. Next, I prepared the additional pieces I would need to decorate the card. I die-cut some small stitched squares out of some white cardstock and also use some of the pre-cut sentiments from the paper pad. Ok, so I ended up using some gold foil on this card, I used a sheet from the paper pad that had a lot of mini sentiments in rows, I cut this sheet up such that I would have strips of paper with two rows of sentiments.


The next step was to arrange these pieces on the notecards. For each card, I used two large and two small triangles where each triangle was a different pattern. I adhered the larger triangles towards the edges and the small triangles in the centre as shown below.


Then I adhered a gold foil sentiment strip and trimmed excess. To finish I added the stitched square using some foam tape and adhered the pre-cut sentiment on top using some double-sided tape. I was able to make eight cards for these papers.

Materials used: Cardstock - white | Notecards - black (KC) | 6.5 inch paper pad 'First Noel' (KC) | Double-sided tape | Foam tape
KC - Kaisercraft


I made four more sets of eight cards using paper pads from older Christmas collections. That took me 4 hours in total to make 40 cards, with only a few scraps leftover! I hope this project inspires you to create cards in new styles, just let your creativity flow!

Happy papercrafting!
Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card