'Thank you so very much' - card

#butterflies #scrapstudio #stamps

Hi everyone! Here's my second blog post for the year (I promise to blog much more frequently). I haven't been blogging but I have still been papercrafting. There are number of cards I've made for friends over the past few months but haven't been documenting the process, so I have recreated them (to the best of my memory) to share here!


***
For the base of the card I used a 6 1/8 x 4 1/4 inch white notecard. I used Kaisercraft's 'Scrap Studio' papers to create this card. It's just a gorgeous collection!


Using one of the patterned papers from the 6 1/2 inch 'Studio scrap' paper pad, I tear it in half, and then tear along the other edge as well. This should give you a strip of patterned paper with two torn edges and is 6 1/2 inches long as shown in the figure below.

Using the patterned paper with the butterflies on it I fussy cut some butterflies. I also pop out one of the sentiments from the paper pad and then cut out a small rectangle out for some brown patterned paper in the pad that was slightly larger than the sentiment (approximately 2 1/2 x 3/4 inches).


The next step is a lot simpler if you have some grey pigment ink. I did not have any grey ink so I decided to use both white and black pigment ink to create a grey stamped images. I used a stamping tool to allow me to stamp the same image in the exact same place each time.

First I arranged a variety of butterfly stamps along the bottom edge of the notecard, then picked them up using the stamping tool (you could use a large clear acrylic block instead) and stamped using black ink. Then cleaning of the black ink on the stamps I used some white ink of the stamps and stamped of the butterflies I'd already stamped in black. I repeat this process 3 times to achieve the desired grey colour.

Next step was to add the butterflies and sentiment to the card. To make the butterflies look a bit more popped out I adhered them using a bit of foam tape on the back of the wings, and a tiny bit of double sided tape in the centre, that way the body of the butterfly was stuck to the card and the wings would be propped up off the card.


For the sentiment I used double sided tape to adhere it to the small brown rectangle and then added some foam tape to the back of the small rectangle to adhere it to the card. To finish I added some brown pearls amongst the butterflies.


***

Materials used:

Patterned paper -  | Cardstock - white  | Inks - Versafine black, Versaink white  | Embellishments - Pearls (brown, KC) | Stamps - butterflies (KC) + butterflies from various KC collections  'P.S. I love you' & 'Anthrology'  | Adhesives - Double sided tape & Foam tape | Tools - Precision Press (WRMK)

KC - Kaisercraft,  RS - The Reject Shop, WRMK - We R Memory Keepers


***


I don't think I've used so many butterflies on a single project before, but I will definitely be using these butterfly stamps more frequently in the future! I hope this project inspires you to create some butterfly themed cards!

Happy papercrafting!

Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card