'You are FABULOUS!' - card

#rainbow #fun #pride

Hi everyone, so this month is pride month, and I thought I'd make a rainbow card in celebration! So rainbows are pretty awesome, we see rainbows thanks to the Sun, rain and the 'magic' of physics! Ok, so it's not magic, but close enough. But you know what's actually magic? You! Being your amazing-and-inspiring self!  Now on to the card making! XD


***
For the base I used a 6 1/8 x 4 1/4 inch white notecard. I used a different patterned papers that highlighted each colour of the rainbow. You can use any papers you have with the highlighted colours as follows; red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. I have listed the collections of the papers I used below. I cut the all the patterned papers pieces down to a length of 4 inches. For the width I tried to make sure that they were all slightly different, the exact widths I used (in descending order) are as follows: purple (1 3/16 inches), red (1 2/16 inches), green (1 inch), yellow (13/16 inches), blue (5/8 inches) and orange (9/16 inches). Of course you can vary these widths however you like, as long as they fit on the card of course! :)


Next step was to stick the patterned pieces of paper in rainbow order. First I adhered the outermost colours (red and purple) to each end of the card using double-sided tape. Then I arranged the remaining colours in-between them. Once I was happy with the placement I adhered these to the notecard using double-sided tape.


For the sentiment part of the card I used a strip of white card stock (5 x 1 1/4 inches), kraft cardstock (4 1/4 x 1 3/8 inches) and wooden embellishments. First I arranged the stamps 'fabulous' and 'you are' in the positions I wanted on the white piece of yardstick, and then stamped the sentiment onto the centre of the strip of white cardstock using black pigment ink.

Then I trimmed white strip, with the stamped sentiment, down to a length of 4 1/8 inches, I left that extra bit of white cardstock as a 'bumper' just in case I didn't quite centre the sentiment on the strip. Now you can adhere this white strip to the kraft piece of cardstock, this should leave a small border of kraft cardstock as a frame for the white piece.


Next I flipped over the sentiment card and glued the wooden embellishments to the edges of the sentiment using some PVA glue. Make sure you only use a little bit, and hold the pieces in place and apply some pressure to help glue them down. Then I took the embellished sentiment and adhered it to the centre of the card with some PVA glue, and that's pretty much it! :)

***

Materials used:

Patterned paper - miscellaneous; red ('Dream Big' collection - KC), orange ('Golden Grove' collection - KC), yellow ('Hanami Garden' collection - KC), green (The Craft Stall - RS),  blue (Indigo Skies' collection - KC) & purple ('Misty Mountains' collection - KC) | Cardstock - white, kraft (KC) | Inks - Versafine black pigment ink | Stamps - Clear stamps ('Day dreamer' collection - KC) Embellishments - Wooden embellishments; ornate plates (KC) | Adhesives - Double sided tape & PVA Glue

KC - Kaisercraft,  RS - The Reject Shop
***


I hope you find this card inspires you to create your own rainbow themed cards. I had a lot of fun making this card. It's been a while since I've used wooden embellishments on a card and I think it worked for this project, it just adds this extra flair! Although it's definitely the bright colours that make the card!

This card is my way of showing support and celebrating pride month. The courage of the people in this community inspires me, they truly are fabulous! Happy pride month, and happy papercrafting!

Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card