'Anniversary flowers' - card

#HappyAnniversary #Love #Foil

Hello paper crafters! Hope all is well. Mini hiatus on the blog posting, playing a bit of catch up on my crafts and studies. I thought I’d share a card that is quite simplistic and elegant. I think it’s perfect for an anniversary or wedding card.


***

For this card, I used a white 5 1/4 inch square notecard for the base of the card. I cut a 5 1/8 inch square piece from some plain white cardstock to form the panel of the card. To give this card a bit of dimension, I decided that I should add a thin piece of foam to the back of the panel. I cut a foam piece down to a 5 inch square and adhered it to the back of the panel.


Next, I cut a strip of grey cardstock with a width of 3/4 inches. Make sure the length of the strip of grey cardstock is at least 5 1/8 inches. I also a strip of vellum to a width of 1 1/2 inches with a length of 7 inches.

To create the sentiment I stuck some double-sided tape on the back of some white cardstock and then die-cut a 'Happy Anniversary' sentiment out of white cardstock. The sentiment should now be adhesive. Peeling off the release paper from the back of the sentiment, I adhered it to the centre of the grey cardstock strip. Now onto the foil flowers!


I die-cut some flowers and leaves from some bronze paper and aligned them along the centre of the card as shown in the image below. Once I was happy with the arrangement I adhered them to the card panel using some PVA glue.


Next, I added the strip of vellum across the centre of the card, folded it over the edges of the card and adhered the folded edges to the back of the panel using some double-sided tape. Then I took the sentiment strip and adhered to the centre of the vellum piece using some double-sided tape and trimmed the excess to be flush with the card panel.


Finally, I added some double-sided tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to the notecard.


***

Materials used:

Cardstock - Plain {White}, Weave {Grey} | Dies - DD813 Floral Cluster (KC), DD629 Fine Line Flowers (KC), DD465 Sentiments Birthday (KC) | Adhesives - Double-sided tape, PVA glue | Tools - Paper Trimmer, Die-cut machine | Other - Foil: Bronzed Pad (KC), Vellum

KC - Kaisercraft
***

I posted this project on the Kaisercraft facebook group, and someone suggested that this would be a great sympathy card! Thank you for the suggestion Maree! Here’s the variation using some blue foil!


Additional materials used: Dies - DD466 Sentiments Sympathy (KC) | Other - Foil: Frost Pad (KC)

I’m also thinking this design could make a gorgeous wedding invitation design, especially using some weave cardstock instead, what do you think? I hope this project inspires you to create and add foil to your projects.


Happy papercrafting!
Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'To know you is to love you' - card