'Thank you for your friendship' - layout

#best friend #cherry tree lane #scrapbook layout

So up until this point I have been a card/explosion box making papercrafter... but now I think it is time to expand my horizons and dive into the world of scrapbooking, so here is my very first scrapbook layout! :)


Lately I've seen some amazing scrapbook layouts that are just so inspiring so I decided to give scrapbooking a go! I am very new to this but I am determined to make my own scrapbook. I actually ended up making this because my best friend suggested it. She saw the papers and collectables from Kaisercraft's Cherry tree lane collection, she selected a few of them and demanded that I use them for her and only for her! XD

I decided to layer two of the same photo slightly offset, one in colour and one in sepia, I thought it would add some interest to the layout. I really wanted to highlight the blue tones in the photo so I picked embellishments and paper that had little hints of blue. I ripped a few papers to create a distressed look, I also added some wooden embellishments and pearls.


Materials used: Cherry tree lane collection (KC) - 12x12 scrapbook paper {quill, telegraph}, collectables, stickers | 12 x 12 cardstock - brown | Pearls - honey (KC) | Wooden embellishments - butterfly (KC) | Lace
KC - Kaisercraft

It was actually my best friend that encouraged me to make this blog, and I'm glad she did because I absolutely love writing up this blog and documenting my papercraft journey! If she is reading this (I know you are reading this!) I would just like to say thank you for your friendship, it means more than you know! I am so lucky to have you as my best friend.

Shanika :)

Comments

  1. Dawwwww :3 I didn't mean it literally when I said I wanted a public declaration of friendship. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card