'Thankful - Grateful - Blessed' - layout

#peachy #thankful #brick wall

Hi everyone, hope all your papercrafting is going well! So back in January I went to Japan 2 weeks, it was an amazing experience! I'm slowly getting around to scrapbooking them. So here's a layout I did using a brick wall design.


***

For the base of this layout I used a 12 x 12 inch plain cardstock and for the brick wall pattern I used a 12 x 12 inch patterned paper. To create the brick wall paper use this linked tutorial. After completing steps 1-4 of the tutorial you should have a base layout that has a brick wall pattern.

Note: The above tutorial was created after this layout was created. If you can find what's a bit wrong with this layout comment down below! If you follow the tutorial you should get a seamless looking brick wall layout :)


The next step is to make the frames to go on this wall.  First I cut out two sentiments (one rectangle and one square) from a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper (the sentiment page from Kaisercraft's Peachy collection). Next I adhered a foam sheet under the sentiment using some double-sided tape. Next I adhered some white cardstock (that was slightly larger than the sentiment) to the back of the sentiment with some double-sided tape. This leaves a small white border around the sentiment.

Next I adhered another foam sheet under the sentiment using some double-sided tape. Finally I cut out and adhered some peach cardstock (that was slightly larger than the white cardstock) to the back of the sentiment + white cardstock with some double-sided tape. In total there should be four layers behind each sentiment, foam + white cardstock + foam + peach cardstock.


Next I added some metallic brads to the corners of each sentiment (you may need to create a hole with a pin to push the brad through several layers of foam and cardstock). To add some more interest to the sentiments I added some wooden butterflies to the edge of the sentiment using some PVA glue. Then I added some white pearls to the centre of the butterflies.


To create the frame for the photo, I cut out a frame image some the same piece of patterned paper that had the sentiments. Next I added some brads to the corners of the frame and then added a butterfly and pearls to finish. After selecting a photo, I cut it down to the size of the frame. Then I adhered the frame to the photo using some foam tape.


I adhered the sentiments the layout using some foam tape and I adhered the photo + frame to the layout using double-sided tape. The arrangement is as shown in the first image.

To finish I created some mini frames using some wooden frame embellishments with some apricot coloured foam sheets as the backing of the frame. I adhered the apricot foam pieces to the back of the wooden frames using PVA glue. Once the mini frames had dried, I adhered these to the layout using double sided tape in the positions shown in the image below.


***

Materials used:

Patterned paper - 12 x 12 paper: Honey Flower, Honey Dew (KC) {from 'Peachy' collection} | Cardstock -  Plain: White, Weave: Grey & Apricot (KC) | Embellishments - Metallic brads: Silver, Pearls: Snow (KC), Wooden: Butterfly (KC), Harvest (KC), Frames (KC) | Adhesives - Double sided tape, Foam tape & PVA Glue | Tools - Paper trimmer | Other - Foam sheets: Apricot (KC)

KC - Kaisercraft

***


I think this brick wall layout design is great for patterned paper that's busy. It's definitely a layout design that can be feminine or masculine in style! I hope this project inspires you to create your own brick wall layouts.

Happy papercrafting!

Shanika :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card